The old man is the old nature that took control when Adam and Eve disobeyed God. Although their physical life continued, their spirit died and they were no longer in communion with God. Rather than turning to God, they worked and implemented their own solution. Genesis 3:7 tells us 7 Immediately the two of them did “see what’s really going on”—saw themselves naked! They sewed fig leaves together as makeshift clothes for themselves.” That solution is man-made and will never work in the Kingdom of God.
As long as the “old man” from the line of Adam reigns in our life, we will never experience the true fulfillment of Galatians 2:20.
The old man must be crucified because he will be never be renewed. We must realize that we are new creations in Christ and must choose His life in us.
Please read the the scenario below. Does it describe your life?
- I ask the Lord to show me the way about a situation in my life
- God reveals the Way through Christ and the Holy Spirit walks with me along the Way
- BUT I become arrogant while walking with Him and I start to think “This is easy, I can do this in my own strength”.
- The old man starts to direct my steps. I am being foolish. What was started in the Spirit, I am trying to finish in the flesh (Galatians 3:3)
- I get in trouble and/or even the good things that I do are failing.
- I don’t want to admit that I am in trouble.
- I am too ashamed to ask God for help “again”.
- Finally the pain is too much so I cry out to the Lord
- In His grace and mercy, He comes to my rescue
As part of the Body of Christ, we need to edify one another. Become a part of our community by completing the form below.